25 Oct 2017
The camp will introduce students to different disciplines within computing such as Game Development, Networking & Security and Mobile Application Development.
After a very successful summer camp, Letterkenny Institute of Technology will run an exciting computing camp this Halloween for secondary school students who are aged between 14 and 17 years old. The students will have an opportunity to develop their knowledge in:
- Computer Games Development, half-day session
- Computer Networking and Security, half-day session and
- Mobile Application Development for both Android and IoS platforms
The student will experience great hands-on practicals. For example:
- Design and develop a simple game
- Work with a range of networking and security tools
- Understand the concept of app development for mobile devices
- Develop a mobile application to run on an Android device
- Interact with sensors and onboard applications on a mobile device
- Control autonomous robots and drones using the Swift programming language
Guest lecturer this year will be Danny McFadden who is an LYIT graduate and was Chief IT Officer for the British Antarctic Expedition. Also, there will be a guest talk from an existing student in computing.
DATE: 31st October – 2nd November 2017
TIME: 9:30a.m. – 4p.m.
LOCATION: Department of Computing, Letterkenny I.T.
Places are limited to the first 50 eligible students who apply. For more information and an application form, visit LYIT Computing camp.